Election Results

Stalin Has Upper Hand in TN Seat Allotment

BeyondHeadlines Special Correspondent

Chennai: The succession rift in Tamil Nadu’s first family, though always pushed under rug, has come to fore in the wake of the distribution of seats for the upcoming assembly elections.

Till last week, they were engaged in prolonged negotiations with their ally Congress over seat sharing. After hard bargain DMK agreed to give the Congress 63 seats.

Deputy Chief Mnister MK Stalin, the heir apparent, ensured that ‘his’ supporters get most of the tickets. Nearly 75% of the 119 seats, on which DMK is fielding candidates, have gone to his backers.  His older brother M K Alagiri, Union Minister, though got to choose candidates in his southern bastion. He got to call shots on most of the remaining 25% seats.

Supporters of Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi , daughter of Chief Minster and Party supremo  M Karunanidhi,  and  grand nephew and Union minister Dayanidhi Maran too got few seats.

The ruling Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) will formally release its list today.

Loading...

Most Popular

To Top