The world famous Indian rural employment act, MGNREGA, was launched on February 2, 2006. This is arguably the “largest right-based social protection initiative in the world.” In this backdrop we at BeyondHeadlines invite articles, opinion pieces, research papers, case studies and stories of success and failure for publication. These articles will be published under the BeyondHeadlines MGNREGA Series.
You may send your articles on any one the following topics:
1. Success and Failures of MNREGA
2. How far MNREGA helped in empowering rural populace of India?
3. MNREGA and Corruption
4. MNREGA and Social Auditing
5. MNREGA and Role of NGOs
6. MNREGA: Legal Provisions
7. What are the challenges to the implementation of MNREGA ?
8. How to plug the loopholes in the MNREGA?
9. Has MNREGA addressed the grievances of disadvantaged sections of rural India?
10. MNREGA: Policy Suggestions for its better implementation.