BeyondHeadlines News Desk
A delegation of Students Islamic Organisation of India (SIO), Hyderabad Chapter, met BJP Telangana State President G. Kishan Reddy to bring educational issues in the state to his notice.
The handed over a memorandum containingconcerns and demands for the speedy action towards educational issuesin the state. In addition, the team gave Kishan Reddy a ramazan present which also contained holy book the Quran.
SIO stated in the memorandum that it “grieved to see status of education and educational issues in school education including govt. and private schools, junior colleges and university education in our state.”
“SIO believes that the dream of Bangaru Telangana can be achieved by improving the status of education hence we hereby put the following charter of demands,” it added.
In its memorandum, SIO noted down following issues and demands:
- There are 7000 schools in Telangana State where a single teacher is handling more than 60 students. Govt. should immediately issue a notification for the recruitment of teachers at all the govt. schools as per the RTE prescribed PTR format.
- Although the RTE Act puts the applicable age-group at 6-14, it has been left to the states to decide whether they want to widen this group, say from 0-18 as Kerala has done. AP State Govt should include more children under the Act’s ambit.
- The government should ensure that all government schools are well-equipped to take in students, so that they are not left with the sole choice of going to private schools.
- School management committees should take it upon themselves to spread awareness about the Act at the community level, in panchayats, so that people are encouraged to send their children to school.
- School management committees should be provided the necessary financial and other support by the state to go about their duties.
- Regarding private schools capitation/admission fees Govt. should issue a G.O. similar to G.O.No 42 for newly formed Telangana State.
- Govt should also make necessary arrangements for strict implementation of G.O. No 91. Related to private schools.
- Do justice with all the 3750 contract lecturers and appoint them as regular employees.
- Issue notification for 750 junior lecturers in TSPSC as soon as possible to avoid loss of academics activities in the colleges.
- Appoint full time Vice chancellors at all the state universities to improve academic and administrative activities in universities.
- should present the framework of free KG to PG scheme as soon as possible.