Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts & Communication invites you to a
Retrospective of Parvez Imam’s films
on Saturday, 7th April, 2012, at our auditorium.
There will be a discussion with the Film Maker at the end of screenings.
Venue: The Auditorium, Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts and Communication, Sri Aurobindo Society Campus, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi- 110016, Phone- +91-11-26561986
About Parvez Imam
Parvez is an independent filmmaker, musician, writer, traveller who has worked on many films of human interest. He experiments with genres and styles to tell his stories with simplicity. His work spans from Documentaries to fiction and from 60 second spots to music videos and experimental films
A doctor by profession, he used to work in Psychiatry before he took to filmmaking in 1995.
He has many films to his credit, including the award winning FLIGHT 208 – an experimental film featuring more than 200 people from across the world in 5 minutes.
1. Random Voices from Kashmir
11 min, Hindi (subtitled in English), 2003
Based on a short trip to Kashmir in 2003, the film brings out some interactions with the people of the valley. Shot as a travelogue in July 2003, the film is a snapshot of Kashmir at the given time.
Screenings / Selections:
1. Cinemela 2007, New Delhi, (India)
2. The Film Series, Curated by the Youth Parliament, New Delhi, Mar 2007 (INDIA)
3. Drishti’s Peace Film Festival, Ahmedabad, November 2006 (INDIA)
4. Himalaya International Film Festival, 2005 (NETHERLANDS)
5. Kathmandu Mountain International Film Festival 2004, (NEPAL)
6. Premier Screening – Gandhi Peace Foundation, 2003 December, New Delhi (INDIA)
2. Flight 208
7 min, English, 2007
This short film is an experiment in style & thought. A fast paced audiovisual experience that reflects upon the pace of life and the death of reasoning around us. It is a satirical take on globalization and the politics of economies, power and inequality.
- BEST SHORT FILM – Indian Documentary Producers Association, Nautankitv Online Awards, 2007
- BEST SHORT FILM – “EIGHT” International Short Film Festival, (India) – 2010
3. The Waterfall
44 min, English, 2011
A completely different take on the Palestine-Israel conflict, straight from people like you and me. Five random travelers, an Israeli photographer and a young Palestinian doctor, everybody is searching for something. Can they find it? ‘The Waterfall’ is a journey that brings together all these people, as they share their hopes and angst while searching for answers.