On the Fifth Anniversary of Batla House ‘Encounter’, BeyondHeadlines has decided to publish a series of articles to debate the issue on various possible fronts. Focus would be to analyze the perception and understanding of people on the issue of Batla House ‘Encounter’ 2008. Anybody can have their say on the issue. Everyone is welcome to share their opinion/views on the issue.
Eight Questions on Batla House Encounter
- What do you think of Batla House ‘Encounter’ 2008?
- What are your thoughts on the fifth anniversary?
- What is your opinion on the politics of Batla House Encounter? Do you think the politics has achieved anything?
- How the ‘encounter’ impacted psyche of the Muslims living in or around Batla House area in Jamia Nagar, Delhi.
- What are your thoughts about the latest judgment on the case, and the demand for an independent judicial probe?
- Do you think the government and the Police in the name of counter-terrorism discriminate against Muslims especially the Muslim Youth? If yes, can you please explain?
- What role has the Muslim religious and political leadership played in this context and what role they should play in future to deal with such discrimination?
- Do you think Police-Muslim relation is one of mutual dis-respect and distrust? If yes, what do you think needs to be done to develop Police-Muslim relations?
Clear, elaborate and argumentative articles will have the maximum chance to get short-listed and published. Thanks
Current Occupation: (optional)
Contact details: (optional)
Deadline: Wednesday, 18 September 2013, 1.00 pm
Note: You can keep your name hidden, changed or you can give your real name if you want to be mentioned in the reports of BeyondHeadlines. The reports/stories/articles will take all precautions so that no respondent who wishes to be anonymous will ever be identified.
Thanks & Regards