On the Fourth Anniversary of Batla House ‘Encounter’, BeyondHeadlines has planned to publish a series of articles and some feature stories on the issue. Our attempt will be to analyse the perception and understanding of common Indians on the issue of Batla House ‘Encounter’ 2008. We want to listen to everyone. You can be a Journalist, Activist, Student, Working Professional, Public Servant, Police official, Teacher, Community Worker, Religious Leader, Political Worker, Lawyer, Scientist, Doctor and anyone with any occupation from anywhere in India or overseas. Everyone is welcome to share their opinion on the issue.
Nine Questions on Batla House Encounter
- What do you think of Batla House ‘Encounter’ 2008?
- What are your thoughts on the fourth anniversary?
- What is your opinion on the politics of Batla House Encounter? Do you think the politics has achieved anything?
- Do you support the demand for an independent judicial probe to the encounter? If Yes, given the reluctance of the government of India, do you see the possibility of such a probe?
- If the probe does not happen, what impact will it have on the youth and especially on the issues of human rights and justice?
- Do you think the government and the Police in the name of counter-terrorism discriminate against Muslims especially the Muslim Youth? If yes, can you please explain?
- What role has the Muslim religious and political leadership played in this context and what role they should play in future to deal with such discrimination?
- Do you think Police-Muslim relation is one of mutual dis-respect and distrust? If yes, what do you think needs to be done to develop Police-Muslim relations?
- Has the new South East Police District established at Sarita Vihar in the aftermath of Batla House Encounter achieved anything in developing a better relationship with the local community? (This question is specifically for the Local Community in Okhla, South Delhi)
Current Occupation: (optional)
Contact details: (optional)
Deadline: Monday, 17 September 2012, 1.00pm
Note: You can keep your name hidden, changed or you can give your real name if you want to be mentioned in the reports of BeyondHeadlines. The reports/stories/articles will take all precautions so that no respondent who wishes to be anonymous will ever be identified.
Thanks & Regards
E-mail: [email protected]