BeyondHeadlines News Desk
Lucknow based Activist Nutan Thakur today filed a Writ Petition in the Allahabad High Court, Lucknow bench as regards the allegations made by Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bushan against Robert Vadra and DLF.
In the Petition, she has prayed that the Principal Secretary, Prime Minister’s Office shall be directed to decide over my representation sent to the Prime Minister in this matter on the merit of facts as regards conducting an enquiry within 30 days of receiving the representation and to accordingly get an enquiry conducted in the various extremely serious allegations being made.
In the representation to the Prime Minister, she have requested that despite specific denials by the DLF company and Robert Vadra as regards the allegations leveled by Kejriwal and Bhushan, some of the basic questions remain completely unanswered, including the fact that how could a company grow to Rs. 500 crore worth with a initial investment of mere Rs. 5 lakh, which are being brought up by various newspapers. Hence, it becomes imperative for the Government of India to enquire into these serious allegations through whatever appropriate authorities it deems fit and capable for enquiring. She has also requested him to officially explain the facts before the people of this country as to how and why exactly this happened.
The Petition is expected to come on hearing on 11 October 2012.
Grounds of Writ Petition:
(1) Because the allegations made on 05/10/2012 by Sri Arvind Kejriwal, Civil activist and Anti-corruption crusader and Sri Prashant Bhushan, an eminent advocate in the Hon’ble Supreme Court, as presented in Annexure No 1, have raised a few important questions of propriety as regards the business deals between Sri Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Ms Sonia Gandhi, President of the Indian National Congress and the DLF company.
(2) Because though Sri Robert Vadra and the DLF company have come up their explanations as regards these allegations where they have clearly rebutted these allegations as malafide, mischievous and misleading, yet there are a very large number of unanswered questions as can be seen from the two news articles presented by the petitioner as Annexure No 3
(3) Because due to these unanswered questions, there seems to be an imminent need for a thorough enquiry into the entire matter and allegations made against Sri Vadra and DLF by Sri Kejriwal and Sri Bhushan
(4) Because the petitioner has made a representation to the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India to kindly get the matter enquired through competent and empowered authorities and to take suitable action accordingly
(5) Because the petitioner’s representation would not be given any consideration as long as the respondent is not suitably directed by a competent and mighty Institution like this Hon’ble Court. Her voice would not be heard and would be completely ignored as long as it is not backed and duly supported by this Hon’ble Court
(6) Because even the Hon’ble Finance Minister Sri P. Chidambaram is said to have stated- “I think those who made their allegations have made their statement, the company concerned has made a statement and the individual concerned has made a statement. Now beyond that, I have no facts and unless there is a specific allegation of quid pro quo or corruption, I am afraid private transactions cannot and ought not to be allowed to questioned on the basis of imputations and insinuations”, thereby refuting any enquiry in this matter.
(7) Because the entire matter seems to need an independent enquiry to bring out the truth as regards these serious allegations.