BeyondHeadlines News Desk
The Centre for Afghanistan Studies, MMAJ Academy of International Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia is going to organize a Seminar Course on “State-Rebuilding in Afghanistan” beginning from 8th September till the end of October, 2014 for the students of the university.
The course will be taught by Dr. K.N. Tennyson and Dr. Angira Sen Sarma, faculty members at the Centre for Afghanistan Studies, MMAJ Academy of International Studies, JMI.
The course will focus on the re-building of Afghanistan in the immediate aftermath of the fall of the Taliban and analyze current and likely future policy options for state-rebuilding. The course will be structured as a combination of lectures, discussion and writing a research paper.
The following themes will be covered in the course:
- Collapse of Empires and the current state-building project
- The Taliban years, Bonn and the Blueprint for Afghanistan
- The Bonn process and the larger issue of institutional design
- The Legal and Illegal Economy
- Security Provision
- Development and Aid in Afghanistan
- Impact of Regional Politics and Future Prospects