World Human Rights Day is on 10th December. BeyondHeadlines is celebrating the Day to reflect on the recent developments, debates, policies and practices in Human Rights both in India and at the global level.
You are requested to send your ideas, comments and/or contribute special articles on any theme related to Human Rights. Some of the guiding topics are mentioned below.
BeyondHeadlines will publish a series of articles starting from the first week of December. Your opinions, comments and articles will be used in BeyondHeadlines‘ editorial analysis and feature stories. If you do not want your name to be mentioned in our publications, please categorically inform us when you email your writings.
Some Guiding Topics:
1. Human Rights Violation : Different Stories from Ground Zero
2. Human Rights: History and Evolution of the Idea
3. Theories and Practices in Human Rights
4. Human Rights: National and International Perspectives
5. World Religions and ideas of Human Rights (Atheism, Bahaism, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Sikhism, Shintoism, Taoism and Zoroastrianism etc.)
6. Violations of Human Rights and their remedies
7. Human Rights and Indian Constitution
8. How effective is the Indian legal system in matters of Human Rights
9. Women and Human Rights
10. Dalits and Human Rights
11. Minorities and Human Rights
12. Tribal Rights and Human Rights
13. Human Rights and the Police
14. Human Rights and their violations by MNCs
15. Right to Information and Human Rights
16. Farmers and their right to land
17. Emerging Human Rights: Rights of Gay, Transgender, Lesbian, bisexuals
18. Human Rights and Judicial Activism
19. Labour rights and Human Rights
20. Minority rights in International Law
21. Humanitarian Intervention and Human Rights
Opinions/Comments: 200-500 words
Case Studies/Personal Experience : 500-1000 words
Opinion Articles: 700-1200 words
Last date of Submission : 30th November
Email: [email protected]
Note: You can send Video as well.